Dear Better U Program,
While we only addressed the tip of the iceberg, I hope you found the psychosocial heart health tips helpful. Below are additional resources you might find helpful as you progress through the program.
While your journey may be challenging, you are truly poised to make substantive changes in your health and your life. I am so excited for all of you and I wish you all the best in this process. Can’t wait to see all of you in November! Feel free to reach out with questions as you progress.
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns
- Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan to Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Handbook by Martha Davis, Elizabeth Robbins Eshelman, and Matthew McKay
- How to make friends with your monkey mind (brief, truly funny but informative clip)!!