Dr. Lubna Somjee is a licensed psychologist in New York State’s Hudson Valley. She obtained her doctoral degree in clinical psychology at the University of South Dakota. She went on to complete two post doctoral fellowships. The first was in clinical psychology at Yale School of Medicine and the second in health psychology at VA Connecticut (Yale School of Medicine affiliate).
- Author, ‘Mindful Living’ column, for the Poughkeepsie Journal
- Leadership Dutchess Committee, Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Leadership Alliance Executive Committee, Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- American Heart Association’s Better U Program, Hudson Valley Region American Heart Association
- Co-Chair Health Care Reform Task Force, New York State Psychological Association
- Hudson Valley Psychological Association
- Stakeholder representative (NYSPA), New York State Health Benefit Exchange Regional Advisory Committee
- Media Ambassador, New York State Psychological Association
- Elected Legislative Representative to New York State Psychological Association Legislative Committee
- Elected to Council of Representatives, New York State Psychological Association 2008-2010
- Recipient of the New York State Psychological Association’s Distinguished Service Award (2013).
- Recipient of the Hudson Valley Psychological Association’s Excellence in Psychology Award (2009).