Principal of Lubna Somjee, Ph.D. since 2005, Dr. Somjee is a psychologist and executive coach. She started her business with a vision to use science to effect change and growth, and harnessing the power of collective strength.
As an executive coach, she works to maximize professional, or leadership, growth for those at varying stages of their career, or business. She also works with organizations by helping to create robust, vibrant teams and organizations. Dr. Somjee is a licensed psychologist and provides individual and couple’s psychotherapy. She also has a sub-specialty in health psychology working with people managing chronic medical issues, and has experience in developing innovative models of integrated healthcare in medical settings. Her extensive experience and training in diversity and equity provides a critical framework working with patients, clients and organizations and allows her to tailor services to their needs.
Dr. Somjee speaks to audiences regarding the workplace, leadership, psychology and integrative health. She has been featured in media outlets from NPR, FastCompany, to the Poughkeepsie Journal where she had a column for thirteen years. She volunteers with various organizations to promote leadership and workplace development, diversity and inclusion, integrative health, and healthcare legislation and reform.
She obtained her BA in psychology from Saint Louis University, her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of South Dakota, and two postdoctoral fellowships from Yale School of Medicine.
Awards / Honors
- Athena International Leadership Award (2018)
- Pioneer Award, Saint Louis University (2018)
- Juno Women’s Leadership Residency, Omega Women’s Leadership Center (2017)
- Media Award, Mental Health American of Dutchess County (2016)
- New York State Psychological Association’s Distinguished Service Award (2013)
- Diversity Delegate, New York State Psychological Association (2013)
- Excellence in Psychology Award, Hudson Valley Psychological Association (2009)
- Society for Consulting Psychologists Diversity and Inclusion Committee, American Psychological Association
- Leadership Dutchess Committee, Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Leadership Alliance Executive Committee, Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Committee on Trustees, Poughkeepsie Day School
- American Heart Association’s Better U Program, Hudson Valley Region American Heart Association
- Author, ‘Mindful Living’ column, for the Poughkeepsie Journal
- Co-Chair Health Care Reform Task Force, New York State Psychological Association
- Hudson Valley Psychological Association
- Stakeholder representative (NYSPA), New York State Health Benefit Exchange Regional Advisory Committee
- Media Ambassador, New York State Psychological Association
- Elected Legislative Representative to New York State Psychological Association Legislative Committee
- Elected to Council of Representatives, New York State Psychological Association 2008-2010